STATEMENT 026 | Photo: TN23.
The High-Risk Judge “D”, Erika Aifán, decided today to bound over for trial six members of the criminal structure known as “Los Huistas” accused of corruption.
At the intermediate diet, the judge considered that the evidence is sufficient to order the accused to stand trial for the following offenses:
- Juan Bautista Rozotto López, alias “Juancho.” Conspiracy and obstruction of a criminal case and ideological falsehood.
- Benjamín González Barrios. Conspiracy and obstruction of a criminal case.
- Raúl Antonio Salazar Pérez, alias “Seco.” Conspiracy.
- Alfredo Antonio Salazar Pérez alias “Gordo.” Conspiracy.
- José Manuel Solórzano Pérez alias “Tosho.” Conspiracy.
- CelvinDonaldoJerónimoTobar (Attorney). Ideological falsehood and obstruction of a criminal case.
The evidentiary hearing was scheduled for June 26, 2019. The High-Risk Court “B” will be in charge of the oral and public trial against the six defendants.
In this case, on March 29, Judge Erika Aifán sentenced notary Rudy Nery Martinez Xutuc and attorney Mario Menéndez Alfredo Martínez to five years in prison. They accepted their criminal responsibility of ideological falsehood and hindering criminal proceedings.
On September 8, 2013, the National Civil Police (PNC) arrested Juan Bautista Rozotto López, alias “Juancho,” while he was moving Q600 thousand in cash in the hidden compartment of a car. His arrest resulted in a process against them for money laundering, which was later closed due to the illegal actions of the criminal structure, who presented false evidence for their defense.